Associate in Arts was one of the premier programs offered when Philippine Wesleyan College was found in 1946. Such program was offered in the College of Liberal Arts in 1948. In 1969, it was renamed as the College of Arts and Sciences to reflect its growth and expansion into the sciences as well as its changing emphasis in response to the dynamic development needs of higher education.
Since its founding, the College of Arts and Sciences has contributed in realizing the University’s mission and vision. The College is proud of its long and successful record of voluntary accreditation. Since it achieved an accredited status in 1983, the Arts and Sciences program has undergone a series of re-survey visits by the Association of Christian Schools, College and UniversitiesAccrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCUAAI). In 1997, it was conferred Level II Accredited status for three years.
A resurvey visit in 2000 resulted to a 5-year re-accredited status and an invitation to apply for Level III Accreditation status until 2005. For the second time in 2006, it has been awarded a Level III accreditation status. This Level III accreditation contributed to the grant of Autonomous Status to Wesleyan University-Philippines by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED). In 2018, after complying with the requirements, the CAS programs were awarded Level IV
Accreditation Status by the FAAP. It was one of the first four programs in the University that was givenLevel IV Accreditation.