COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
The Liberal Arts Department was one of the premier units of the then Philippine Wesleyan College, offering Associate in Arts. In 1948, it was upgraded to College of Liberal Arts and in 1969 was renamed College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) to reflect its growth and expansion into the sciences as well as its changing emphasis in line with developments in education.
CAS is proud of its long and successful record of voluntary accreditation. Since achieving an accredited status in 1983, the Arts and Sciences program has undergone a series of re-survey visits by the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities-Accrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCU-AAI). In 2019, the Arts and Sciences programs were granted Level IV Accredited Status, the highest accreditation for tertiary programs.
The General Education courses of all colleges of the University have been placed under the academic and administrative supervision of the College of Arts and Sciences. All WU-P students pass through CAS for their liberal arts education.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- The quality of education that CAS offers may be gleaned from the accomplishments of its alumni. It has produced three university presidents and two bishops of the United Methodist Church. The current Acting Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Marietta Agustin, who is also the college dean, is an alumna of CAS.
- The College of Arts and Sciences received LEVEL IV accreditation by the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges, and Universities-Accrediting Council Incorporated (ACSCU-ACI). The accreditation status of CAS contributed to the grant of Autonomous Status to Wesleyan University-Philippines by the Commission of Higher Education (CHED).
- Radio Wesleyan 89.7 DWUP-FM, the educational radio station of Wesleyan University-Philippines which is under the supervision of the College of Arts and Sciences, is now a proud member of the Kapisanan ng mga Brodkaster sa Pilipinas (KBP). Its Station Manager is also connected with the Nueva Ecija Press Club and Central Luzon Media Association.
- Lilibeth F. Torres, B.S. Social Work (2019) topped the 2019 Social Worker Board Examination.
- Alvin dela Serna Lopez, A.B. Political Science (2009), was hailed as one of the “Natatanging Wesleyanian 2020.” He won a Palanca at the 69th Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature on Novermber 8, 2019 for his entry “Departures,” a collection of 11 poems.
Prof. Norma T. De Jesus
Tel, No. +63 (44) 463-2162 Local 152
Mobile Number: 09474240766
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/247970423147079
Facebook page (CAS): https://www.facebook.com/WUPCAS
Facebook page (Radio Wesleyan): https://www.facebook.com/RadioWesleyanNews
CAS faculty presents thesis on research colloquium
A faculty member from the College of Arts and Sciences presented her thesis during the research colloquium conducted [...]