The Office of the Extension Program, formerly called the Wesleyan Community Outreach Program or WESCOP, started in 1954 as the extension services of the former Philippine Wesleyan College.
It went full-blast in 1970 with the assistance of the Christian Children’s Fund, Inc. (CCF), enabling the University to reach out to 24 towns in Nueva Ecija and five barangays in Bataan.
When the CCF program was phased out, the University continued to serve 11 barangays in Cabanatuan City, extending its services to the Home for Girls in Palayan City.
In 2005, from departmental implementation, the program shifted its work to an integrated one, resulting in the convergence of various resources and expertise to identified communities.
Fulfilling its role to serve as the University’s arm to serve the community, the Office of the Extension Program now has outreach services in the Cabanatuan City barangays of Kalikid Norte, Magsaysay Sur, Mabini Extension and Pangatian, and the Nueva Ecija Home for Girls.