For successful admission at SOLAS, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students have graduated with an undergraduate degree from a government-recognized or accredited higher education institution (HEI). (Students may be asked to submit college catalogues, syllabi, or other documents in order to indicate the academic level of undergraduate work.)
- Admission to any master’s program requires students to have a college academic average grade of at least 80.
- Admission to any doctoral program requires students to have a relevant master’s degree from accredited HEIs and whose general average is at least 85. For non-verticalized degree programs (e.g. from MPA to PhD BA), applicants will be required to take a bridging program composed of 9 units toward the doctoral specialization (including 3 units of research).
- By way of exception, any student with a lower general average may initially be admitted on a probationary basis for one semester. After demonstrating the capacity to undertake graduate or post-graduate studies, he/she may be formally admitted to the program.
- Enrollment in any research doctoral program requires a successfully passed master’s thesis. For graduates of non-thesis programs, they shall be required to finish 6 units of research courses before admission, and submit a research paper that will be used to gauge if the applicant has the skills to pursue a doctoral research degree.
- Applicants who do not aim to pursue any degree programs but intend to attain knowledge enhancement and personal development may be admitted to non-degree status. However, they should undergo the required admission procedures. In the event that these students decide to pursue a particular degree program, the same policies and requirements observed by the degree shall apply to them.
- Provisional admission may be given to students falling short of full admission requirements. Provisional admissions are valid for one semester only. Failure to comply to the requirements of admission after one semester will entail being dropped from the program.